The GSM modem project was built with the following features
- Off the shelf GSM modem from Janus featuring the Telit GE865-Quad module and NavSync MS20 GPS receiver
to 75VDC input
- Freescale processor with dual Controller Area Network interfaces
- DC/DC power conditioning for automotive environments
- Pre-certified for use with Rogers Canada
- Module replacable for CDMA and HSPA versions
- Firmware for bi-directional CAN communications over socket connection
- Optional SMS text and FTP communications to and from CAN or I/O points
This version of the modem is only 64mm wide, 82 mm long and 30mm tall.
This version was packaged into a standard Deutsch case and features some additional I/O.
Another picture showing the communications and GPS antennas.