- High speed Cypress FX microprocessor with built in USB 2.0 capability.
- USB 2.0 High Speed 480Mbps.
- MicroChip MCP2515 CAN controller.
- Incoming CAN messages timestamp stored in 24bit value with 8uS resolution counted to 100 seconds
(note that timestamp accuracy can be affected by the simultaneous transmission of CAN messages due to
the fact that the CAN controller is a synchronous interface device)
- Timestamp powers up disabled to remain compatible with previous versions of DLL software.
- ISO 11898 compatible CAN bus transceiver.
- Standard D-9 Pin connector for CAN bus.
- Device firmware is downloaded at power up.
- Completely transparent to the user and allows for firmware upgrades to be executed by simply saving
a new file to the host PC.
- Built in functions for initializing, sending, receiving and changing register values are built into the protocol.
- Support for a high level language like Visual Basic provided for with a dynamic link library (with examples)
as well as C source code should you want to write your own.
- Documented USB protocol that is designed to be compatible with other CAN controllers and other interface types
(like RS-232 etc).
- Powered off the USB connection.
- Up to 10 CAN-4-USB-FX devices on one PC can be controlled from one program or from separate
programs each accessing their own CAN-4-USB-FX device.
- On board RAM message buffer can store 1500 incoming CAN messages while continuing to
receive more CAN messages as others are sent across the USB connection to the PC.
- Sustained 1Mbps CAN transfer speed with built in support for 10, 20, 50, 100, 125, 250,
500, 800 and 1000kbps.
- Individual registers can be modified for other CAN baud rates.
- 6Mbps SPI to MCP2515 transfer speed.
- Drivers for Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit) included.
- Backwards compatible with USB 1.1 @ 12Mbps.
- Diagnostic and test program gives point and click access to all internal registers while displaying CAN traffic
according to filter settings. Click here to see a screenshot Includes source code.
- Opto-isolated version is completely self powered, there is now no requirement for an external DC power supply!
- Diagnostic bi-color LED shows power up, buffer failure, CAN controller failure, buffer over-run and normal running states.
Purchase - Canadian Dollars / Purchase - US Dollars
Note: Free CAN monitoring software is also available from Laurent Schall and is
available for download at http://www.canviausb.com